Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Eight

Today is Nathan's birthday!!! I am so thankful for his eight years of life. Here are eight things that I love about Nathan:
1. His sense of humor cracks me up every day.
2. He loves playing card games with me.
3. He is a super great big brother!
4. When Steve is gone, Nathan is always quick to help out.
5. Nathan has a huge heart.
6. He is a mad-phat drummer.
7. I love how much energy Nathan has!
8. Nathan is amazing, wonderful, funny, 90% head and hair- 10% arms and legs and I am so glad and happy that he is mine.

I remember being 8 once. When I was 8, we had to write a story about going on an adventure. Although I was a decent writer, I was overcome with an insurmountable amount of writers block. Out of time and ideas, I quickly jotted down an old camp song. In the way things go with me, it turned out that it wasn't a normal writing assignment, but a city-wide writing contest. A few weeks later I was somewhat shocked to find that I had won first place in the city of Arlington for my wonderful jotting down of a camp song. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment